The Blog Team of Indy.Education is excited to announce that our parent organization, Wayfinder Foundation, has officially launched our Community Activist Fellowship program! Starting here in Indy, this Fellowship has been set up to support individual activists in order to build their skills and capacity as community leaders. Wayfinder is a new national foundation that invests in women activists, supporting their fight to both end poverty and create thriving communities for children.
We are thrilled to announce that Indy has been selected as one of two cities to participate in the first round of the application process! So, we are calling all warrior women – take advantage of this opportunity and take your activism to the next level! As advocates we know the real story of wanting to do more for your community but not having enough resources to take our activism to the next level.
We think our Chief Program Officer said it best:
“Wayfinder seeks to eliminate needless suffering caused by poverty, and to raise communities where families are economically secure and children have what they need to thrive,” said Angela Jones Hackley, Chief Program Officer, Wayfinder Foundation. “This Fellowship program will allow us to invest in women activists who are too often overlooked by traditional philanthropy.”
Specifically, we are looking for:
- Women, 18 and older, who are directly impacted by the issues they seek to resolve.
- Reside in LA or Indianapolis.
- Have an income that is at or below 200% of the federal poverty level (FPL).
- Are directly affected by, and/or have significant direct experience with the issues, policies, practices, and/or systems that is the focus of their activism efforts.
- Have the drive, passion, commitment and tenacity to improve her community through activism.
- Want to utilize the power of communications through storytelling, blogging and community led campaigns to move her agenda.
- Have a lack of access to traditional funding opportunities, or lack easy access to existing opportunities for leadership development.
More information on the LOI process can be found on the Wayfinder website. Spread the word about this great opportunity!