After a long wait, the Indiana Department of Education has finally released the A-F school accountability grades. These grades are for the 2017-2018 school year.
- 7% of Indiana schools received an A
- Only 93 Indiana schools, 4.4%, received an F
- 20 IPS schools received an F
- Around 22% of schools improved a letter grade from a year ago
- Around half had the same grade as last year
When looking at the data it’s important to remember that some schools are graded primarily on growth and schools graded on growth tend to score higher.
The state also released the Federal A-F results. The metric for the federal grades is different but around 67% of schools received the same letter grade from the federal system as they did the state system.
View your school’s scores here. (Indy Star)